Visitor count model for the museums and heritage centres of Catalonia
This report proposes a new visitor traffic count model for the museums and heritage centres in Catalonia, which aims to standardise the quantification of visitors. This will ultimately enable us to draw comparisons, while serving as a tool for planning and management.
The proposed model is based on a uniform design for the counting of the visitors of museums and heritage centres. The model must respond to a number of very specifically defined objectives, with a previous statement of exactly what is to be assessed. Knowing these objectives allows for the precision and standardisation of the variables, therefore providing information that can be aggregated and compared.
Specifically, the model aims to respond to the following objectives:
- To offer a uniform system that can therefore be standardised, that affords a precise monitoring of the evolution of the social use of the cultural heritage.
- To count the people who access the centres, as well as their uses of the different activities offered.
- To assess the work of each centre in supporting education, measuring their impact on the school group audiences.
- To measure the impact of free admission to the heritage.
- To evaluate the efficiency of the different types of organised activities.